I got this recipe from a cooking magazine. The picture looked soooo yummy, so I decided to give it a try.I made this cake the night before I went to Balikpapan, East Kalimantan to visit a cousin there. Then, I brought the cake for a gift for them. It was delicious, soft, moist, a lil bit cheesy with a surprise in every bite...the prunes between the 2 layers.
I'll share the recipe here, who knows maybe you want to make some for your family.
Mandarin Cheese Prunes Cake KRAFT
(original recipe by : Sedap 7-10)
A : 20 egg yolks
2 egg whites
200 gr sugar
18 gr emulsifier
B : 100 gr all purpose flour
30 gr milk powder
C : 100 gr butter
100 gr margarine
(You can use all butter or all margarine, as you wish)
D : 75 gr cheddar cheese (shredded)
150 gr prunes
Cheese filling (mix well and cook together until thick) :
180 gr Kraft quick melt
100 gr fresh milk
1. Preheat the oven to 170 C. Line and grease 22x22x3 cm baking pan (2 pans).
2. Beat ingredients C until light and fluffy, set aside.
3. Beat ingredients A until light and fluffy, then beat in ingredients B until well mixed.
4. Fold in ingredients C and shredded cheese and mix well.
5. Pour the batter into 2 pans, bake for 25-30 mins (put the prunes on the bottom of 1 pan only).
6. Cool the cakes on a wire rack.
7. When the cakes are completely cooled, spread the cheese filling onto the cake with prunes, then put the other one on top of it.
That's quite an easy cake to make, with great taste and beautiful look. You should try it, for special occasion or for birthday base cake.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Sinyal Bagus XL, Nyambung Teruuusss...!