Sunday, October 3, 2010
Corned and cheese sandwich...baked to perfection
Simple, easy to make, but still delicious. Not to mention the perfect combination of beef corned, cheese plus a lil veggie (in this recipe carrot and bean).
Here's the recipe :
CORNED, CHEESE, and VEGGIE BAKED SANDWICH
12 slices of white bread
200 ml milk
2 cloves garlic, chopped
198 gr beef corned
100 gr carrot, cut 1x1 cm, boiled
50 gr bean, sliced, boiled
1 tsp celery, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp sugar
2 tsp maize flour dissolved in 100 ml milk
1 tbsp butter, for sauteing
125 gr cheddar cheese, shredded
How to make :
1. Filling : heat the butter, saute garlic, put in beef corned, carrot, bean, and celery, mix well.
2. Add salt, white pepper, nutmeg, and sugar.
3. Add maize flour+milk mixture, cook until thick, set aside.
4. Dip 1 slice of white bread into milk, put in a 24x10x7 cm pan, greased with butter/margarine.
5. Spread the filling, add some shredded cheese, put another white bread dipped in milk on top of it, repeat until all the ingredients are finished. The last layer is white bread dipped in milk.
6. Bake at 170 C for 35 mins.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Sinyal Bagus XL, Nyambung Teruuusss...!